Making sure both your gums and your teeth stay healthy is a dual effort. Not only are we here to help you while you are with our periodontist, but we also strive to help you feel confident in taking care of your smile at home by helping you establish good dental hygiene. Dental hygiene encompasses the habits and methods you use to keep your teeth and gums healthy and strong when not at our dental office. We will review your dental hygiene at your regular dental cleanings and exams. Topics of discussion generally include:
- Proper brushing, flossing, and rinsing techniques
- Which dental products, such as toothpaste, are recommended
- How to eat a balanced diet and limit snacking
- If fluoride-enriched products are suggested
- How often to visit Dr. Jason M. Peterson’s office
Our goal is to always help you have a positive experience while you are with us and be more excited about your dental health. We want to give you all of the tools necessary to achieve a radiant, beautiful smile for years to come. If you have any questions about your dental health or dental hygiene in Idaho Falls, Idaho, we encourage you to contact our dental office today. We are eager to help you in any way we can.